Saturday, March 5, 2011

On a Personal Note...

So, Terrence had us TGers do this quick quiz and it looked something like this...

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Here's what I said:


There's a lot of Good new things but with it comes a lot more responsibility and I'm finding myself putting twice as much effort into things than I used to but on the bright side I get twice (or ten times) as much reward for it. SL has become less recreational and more like a job or a project, it's really energy draining, but it's something to do. Also, making it big as a designer is feeling less like a dream and more like a reality, since the merge, only a couple designers are still surviving, it was kind of like armageddon where everyone was tested and only a few have been chosen to survive? Haha kind of extreame but that's how I see it.  MG is a lot more like a reality, yeah. There's a lot of networking, who knows who, business business business, making connections, what group to join, How can I get my name out there?--->I think is a big one for a lot of us. Basically when I log onto SL here are my thoughts, "How much L did I make please please please tell me I made at least one sale.  Who's online.. What am I gunna do next, I kinda wanna do this, oh, wait, What's due this week? Shoot I need to get started on that, Oh, is there a meeting today?, I haven't even studied for my test yet, I shouldn't be on SL right now. but I really want to get this done. Oh my gosh I have a great idea! I need to start on it now. I need to release something soon, I don't wanna be left behind." Kind of like that. lol. It sounds kind of negative but don't get me wrong, I LOVE having a store, doing things for Terrence and the gang, I wouldn't be here if I wasn't enjoying myself and things were going so well. Those are really connected by the way, when things aren't going so well, then obviously I'm not enjoying myself, it's such a thin line (sorry that was kind of like a 2+2=4 moment). The freedom of being able to leave any time is kind of scary but you lose all the momentum and so on. Like, I feel like if I don't log on for a day I could miss out on so much, kind of like reality if you don't leave the house or something. Uhm. yeah, I feel like I'm just going in circles and I should just put this all in a diary or a blog. Haha.

You prolly know who it is,
Karissa

P.S. Sorry reader, I didn't plan on having it be this much of a rant.

______________________

Alright, well I know it's supposed to be anonymous and all but I thought that a lot of people, especially designers, could relate to this! 

Thoughts?


No comments:

Post a Comment